Through the water and the fire


When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Isaiah 43:2 


Recently I read in an article -

The path of sorrow and that path alone,

Leads to the land where sorrow is unknown. 

How true it is!! Often, we think if we live according to the will of God, we would not face any troubles or trials in life. That I am praying daily and reading Bible so I am immune to the sorrows and difficulties. As soon as we face any trial the very first question which strikes in our mind is " Am I doing anything wrong God? " But our trials are not always the reproof from God. We must understand that the Christian path consists of overflowing water and consuming fire. This water and fire are not something which we can avoid but we must pass through. Through much tribulation we must inherit the kingdom.

Have you ever gone through this experience where you feel like the psalmist in Psalms 69?



A completely overwhelming situation where it seems like we will drown and there is no escape. We don't see any way out and we don't know what to do. As I was meditating upon this portion, I was reminded of one of the incidents that occurred in my life. 

Sitting inside a safari jeep on a sunny afternoon as I was enjoying the jungle safari with my friends; suddenly we heard a fierce roaring of a lion coming towards our jeep. It was such a magnificent view. Though we were amused by it, suddenly that amusement turned into a frightening situation where the lion instead of passing by, was approaching with a much faster pace towards our jeep. For a second, I was reminded of all the memories of my childhood and it felt like - This is it and the next moment I will be in heaven. Our hearts sinked within us. We didn't know what to do. Suddenly I heard the voice of the guide who told us “just be still, don't even make the noise of your breath. Don't panic!!” We trusted the guide and did as he proposed. And to our surprise the lion after few roars just passed by and we took a huge breath of relief. Why did we trust that guide in that fierce situation?Though it was a first-time experience for us, the guide had been through it many times. We trusted him because he knew how to take us through that scary situation. He was able to take us through.

Yes, the above verse tells me that when I pass through the water and fire, when I feel like drowning and consumed and I don't see any help or escape, having used all of my resources and I have no clue what to do next- I need not fear because GOD IS WITH ME. My guide is with me who is able to take me through this situation without letting any harm come upon me. He has been through it before me. Just at the break of the dawn He extends his helping hand and takes me out from the drowning and consuming situation. 

Who is this God who is with me ?

Isaiah 43:1 says - He is my Creator, my Potter who is moulding and forming me, my Redeemer, my Owner, my Saviour (Verse 3).

Who am I to Him ?

I am His (Verse 1). “You are mine "

I am precious in His sight (Verse 4)

I am honored 

I am loved 

I am called by His name. He is my Father. (Verse7)

I am chosen to be His witness (Verse 10)

I am way too precious for Him that He would leave or forsake me. He would never let any overwhelming and consuming situation to take me away from Him. I read a quote like this - "When you don't know what to do - Just pray "

When we go through the trials of our life and we don't know what to do, we just need to pray. We just need to let the guide take us through the trials trusting that He knows the way out. We just need to hear His advice and do exactly as He commands. We just need to trust His promises which says "No Harm only Good" louder than our fears. We just need to take one day at a time and ask grace to go through today. We just need to hold on to Him tightly. If the water has to overflow me it has to overflow Him first. If the fire has to consume me it has to go through Him first. He is above all waters and fire. He is with me!! His presence drives away the fear and encourages the faith. 

So, let me conclude by quoting from an encouraging article I read which says- Be of good courage, and wait on the Lord, setting this constantly in your minds that he has not promised to keep you from trouble, but to preserve you in it. It is not written, "I will save you from the fire," but "I will save you in the fire," not "I will quench the coals," but "they shall not burn you," not "I will put out the furnace," but "the flames shall not kindle upon you." Write it down and expect it to come true, that in this world you shall have tribulation. Only follow your glorious leader, be it through flood or flame.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer So Precious

God's good plan- Endure and Return

Clear the Clutter