God on every side



Many a times I have seen world famous celebrities surrounded by security all around them. Few of the bodyguards will be in front, few in back and few walking along with them so that they can protect the celebrity from any kind of harm. 


Have you ever imagined yourself surrounded by God's presence and security? The Bible says-

You are all round me, in front of me and behind me. You put your hand on me to keep me safe. What you know about me is so great, I cannot understand it. My thoughts cannot reach as high as that!

Psalms 139:5‭-‬6


Our loving Lord goes before us, stays behind us, and walks besides us. The very thought of God surrounding us itself is so blessed and encouraging in this era of uncertainty. 


God goes before us



There have been many instances in my life where I literally experienced God going before me and settling things for me. Our good Lord goes before us to lead us. He leads us not to leave us. He leads us to level the mountains of our life. The mountains of problems which seem so immovable. He leads us to shatter the bars which has held us captive. The bars of fear, the bars of worries, the bars of sin. He leads us to give us light in the dark. He leads us to fight our battles on our behalf. In short no matter what lies ahead,no matter how uncertain the future seems, before it reaches me it has to pass through my leader. All I need to do is to follow the leader. Walk in His footsteps and allow Him to lead me in His path


God walks besides us




Isaiah 41:10

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will surely help you; I will uphold you with My right hand of righteousness.

He walks besides us holding us with His righteous right hand. He holds us not to forsake us. Many a times we feel forsaken in the midst of trials, pains and sorrows. We feel as if God has left us all alone to bear the pain. Very recently I went through an experience which helped me to get a better insight of God's presence with me. I was sitting in the dentist room hearing the screams of my two year old who was undergoing a dental procedure. I was sitting there watching her go through all that pain. My heart was aching as she was crying. The louder she cried the deeper I felt the pain. But I had to let her go through that pain so that she would be relieved from her ongoing infections. Though I wanted to just take her and fly away but I didn't. Because I knew it is only for her good. Though she would have felt that why am I allowing her to go through it. Though she couldn't understand the reason but I knew it was all for her good. It is during this moment that I realized those instances of my life where I was shattered and crying with pain and thinking that why God allowed this to happen in my life. Why didn't he just stop it? Though I felt that God left me all alone but He was always present there feeling the pain along with me. He allowed me to go through the pain because He knew all those pains were only for my good. As a good friend He comforted me, held me tightly in His arms. All I need to do is to hold on to Him firmly.


God stays behind us

For you shall not go out with haste, Nor go by flight; For the Lord will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard.

Isaiah 52:12 


God is not only our leader to lead us but He is also our rear guard to protect us. The rear attacks which may not be seen by us is seen by God. Often I follow my child when she climbs up the stairs so that I can protect her from falling. God not only protects us from the harm but He also protects us from the past. He stands as our rear guard so that our past would not haunt us. All I need to do is to be under His protection.


Indeed God is on every side. How blessed I am to be cherished and secured by Him. 

From the womb till the grave He knows every second of your life. He knows at your 18 you will fall and He stood there to catch you up. He knew at your 25 you will go through a heartbreaking sorrow and He lied beside that hospital bed to mend the shattered piece of your heart. Even for the days ahead He is waiting for your arrival. For a child of God nothing is accidental, everything goes according to the script of the story writer. He will make sure to give you the good end. He is my leader to lead me, He is my friend to uphold me, He is my guard to protect me. 






Comments

  1. Really encouraging❤️May god bless u chechišŸ„°

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for His presence, His purpose, His providence, His protection and perfect peace in our life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer So Precious

God's good plan- Endure and Return

Clear the Clutter